The Real Optimization Challenge With Adsense

I've given this matter a long deep thought and I don't know if you would feel the same but there's only one real optimization question when it comes to Adsense.

And the answer, actually, have little to do with ads placement, ads format and not even content!

Shocking?

I think it's just common sense.

But the real Google Adsense optimization question is this:

"How to get people to click the ads without asking them to do so?"

This got to be the question, right?

Look - all the ads placement, the ads formats, contents, webpages ranks - all these will be meaningful when we get people to click.

But how you get them to click when asking them to do so is against the policy?

Tricky trench this one...

That's why I've given this matter a long hard look, and I hope I can shed some light.
So far, I'm still in the dark with this issue.




The experts were preaching that numbers are what matters in this game. You get the right traffic numbers, get the right impressions numbers, get the right conversions numbers and you'll win.

Hmm...even they're vague about the whole getting people to click issue, if you ask me.

Google might pay you for the impressions you command but the amount is peanut compared to one or two clicks.

I used to get a lot of impressions one day and earned certain amount for them.

But the very next day, I got a click and the amount from this one click was like three to four folds over the impressions payout the day before.

I can't imagine if I convert every impressions to clicks...

I'll be sitting on the top of the hill. I can see that already!

But in reality, that's highly unlikely to happen.

Many experts said 2 to 4 % ctr is pretty darn awesome for average publisher.

I concur...

Maybe that's the primary drive for many online marketers to find other income avenue and put GA at the backseat.

I seldom heard income like what Joel Comm used to earn from Adsense nowadays.

And Google is being smarter in making sure the game stays win-win but, maybe, with their side having higher chances of winning.

Afterall, publishers are expenses and G is running a business. The lower the expense (overhead), the better it is to overall profit margin and shareholders payout.

Well, that's just the reality...

Some times ago, there's this community that I follow, came up with quite an ingenious way to make people click the ads.

The idea recommended was writing long post about the subject that bores people to death reading it, and people would rather click away from the page by clicking any link they found there.

Of course, one of the links was the Google Adsense link...

And that community is, right now, staying out of the radar.

Thanks to what Google had done for the past few years, the 'win' has always favor the G side.

That's a bitter pill to swallow my fellow publishers but swallow the pill you must...

Perhaps, we must consider the path taken by successful online business people who find their treasure somewhere outside the GA domain.

Yes, it's a tougher and rougher playing field but the reward, in my opinion, is more than well worth it.

For example, check the top banner which I had conveniently placed above the fold for visitors to see.

It's one way to consider for alternative income generator.

Go ahead and check-it out.

It's free and I don't earn a single cent when you click. But I'll earn when you take the next action after you watch the free video.

The earning is way, way, way better than converting an impression, I can tell you that.

And what else?

You can also get a piece of the treasure if you decided to do so later. It's never too late to start.

Earning from this and figuring out how to increase earning is much simpler than answering the question of how to get clicks without being able to ask for them.

Bloody dark mystery that one...