Responsive websites or intuitive websites?

It's a funny thing when Google used the term responsive websites in its recent Google Adsense newsletter.

I said funny because I've yet to come across a website that can counter-click me when I clicked the back button or any button for that matter.

Or perhaps with the common mobile tools of today, I've yet to come across a website that can counter-swipe me whenever I swipe for different action.

That's why I said funny...

Perhaps the word intuitive is better.

And in my personal opinion, I see that Google probably is at the same intuitive level in matching ads to content.

Websites are never responsive. They're not human. They are created by human but they're not the creators.

They're just creations...




The responsiveness of these creation is hugely dependent on the other end of the interaction.

The power to respond is with the human, still, and not with the websites.

It's a good thing too because it simply means power is still in our hands. Imagine if we have to surrender all power to the wisdom of the websites...

To help you imagine, picture a pop-up that come out when you arrive at a webpage, and you can't do anything else until you click the back button twice or  click 'X' in the pop-up box.

I simply hate it!

How about you? Do you like being cornered like that? Would you call that responsive?

Yeah sure...

Maybe that's why Google really welcomes the use of pop-ups on websites, right (you know I'm being sarcastic here aren't you?)?

Maybe you like to read content created from scratch by bots that patched up news from a feed here and a feed there.

I simply click away from that...

If G calls that responsive, and highly advocate us to work to that end, then I guess I had chosen to work with a wrong partner.

I'd like to work with people and not just with websites or bots. I appreciate respond from people, for example when they leave a question or comment on the comment box below.

Prove to me that you're a human visitor by leaving a word or two.

I appreciate you...

May the responsiveness be with you, always.